MICRO-WASTE® DISINFECTION SYSTEM™
Micro-Waste Corporation® manufactures, sells and installs a regulated medical waste disinfection system which uses moist heat for the disinfection process. This process, using microwaves assisted by steam being applied to pre-shredded waste, meets the regulatory requirements for the jurisdiction in which it is installed. The system disinfection efficacy has also been tested using a standard disinfection test protocol of commercial Bacillus atrophaeus [or Bacillus subtilis (Niger)] spores at a 6 log10 disinfection level, 100 times greater than the 4 log10 as generally recommended by the State and Territorial Association on Alternative Treatment Technologies (STAATT).
The following is a description of the equipment manufactured by Micro-Waste®:
1. The operator loads the waste into the system using the operator control panel. The waste cart with waste is lifted and dumped into the hopper.
2. The waste falls into the hopper and onto the counter-rotating shredder cutters to be shredded.
3. The shredder provides a high torque shear shredding with its counter-rotating cutters and spacers. The shredder is uniquely designed for Micro-Waste® based upon its more than 20 years of experience operating and maintaining regulated medical waste shredders. The shredder design allows for shimming the shredder screen external to the shredder to maintain high shredder throughput, and allows for the shredder to be quickly disassembled from the system and rolled out of the unit for external repair or immediate replacement.
4. The shredded waste is moistened with superheated steam.
5. The shredded, moistened waste is heated with microwaves using (6) 1.4 kW microwave generator power supplies.
6. The disinfected waste is discharged into a solid waste compactor for disposal at a landfill in accordance with applicable regulations.
7. The system is controlled by a state-of-the-art programmable logic controller (PLC). The operator main control panel has a digital touch screen for operator ease and simplified fault management. The PLC and digital control panel can be monitored in real-time off-site by operations management. They can also be monitored and modified in real-time off-site by Micro-Waste® (with owner permission) to facilitate troubleshooting, software upgrades, and regulatory reporting.
8. The local operator control provides a simple two button operation with indicator lights providing the relevant system status.
Click for the Newest Micro-Waste® Disinfection System Model MDS-2481
Click for the ABB Sanitec, Inc. Microwave Disinfection Units Sold by Micro-Waste